Product Marketing in Five Simple Steps
Product marketing is a simple game.
- Figure out what your product does better than anything else. If you have a customer, they chose you for a reason. Ask them why.
- Learn everything you can about that customer — the challenges they face, their motivations, their habits, their choices.
- Position and package your product in a way that clearly reflects what you learnt. Speak to your customer’s challenges, use their language, and price to their budget.
- Find distribution channels to get your now beautifully packaged product into the hand of more customers. And once it’s in their hands, make sure you keep showing them how much value they’re getting from it.
- As your customer base grows, figure out which are your best customers — the ones that pay you lots of money, recommend you to others, and exist in large numbers — then repeat from Step 1.